1. All groups or any individual participants in the 2013 Ati-atihan Contest must register until January 12, 2013 before the close of office hours.
2. All groups or individual participants of the Ati-atihan contest must submit (2) copies of colored pictures of their costumes; size 5”x7”, and list of required number of members during the registration. Such picture and list shall belong to the Kalibo Sto. Nino Ati-atihan Foundation Inc. (KASAFI) for files and reference.
3. Group Leaders should be held responsible for the discipline and behaviour of their respective members. Excessive drinking is strictly prohibited. Any member of a group caught molesting ladies and doing scandalous or any provocative acts, which may lead to the breakdown of peace and other order and/ or violation of any Municipal Ordinance during the festival, will cause disqualification of the group from the contest.
4. All traffic rules must be strictly observed to avoid congestion and bottlenecks. Each tribe/group shall appoint TRIBE MARSHALL (2 marshals); which will function as enforcers traffic officer, diplomats; and spokesmen of the group during the street dancing.
5. All participating groups must be ready to perform anytime starting Monday Morning January 14, 2013 up to Friday noontime, January 18, 2013, upon the request of the KASAFI. especially during the arrival of guests at the airport or the Kalibo Pastrana Park.
6. All participating groups must follow the time schedule set by the Festival Event and Participation and Adjudication Committees for contest purposes.
7. Obscene, derogatory or insulting placard or remarks, for any political propaganda against any candidates or political party directed against private individual, government officials or any organization are strictly prohibited. The committee and police officer will have the right to confiscate such placards and the holders thereof will be subjected to fines and penalties imposed by existing laws and ordinances. Groups bearing such placards shall be disqualified from the contest.
8. In connection with the church activities, all participating groups are required to participate during the blessings of Ati Groups at 12:00 noon of vesper Saturday and on Sunday at 7:00 o’clock in the morning during the Pilgrims Field Mass. All participants are enjoined to shout “VIVA KAY SEÑIOR STO. NIÑO.
9. All participants with costumes or mask (mascara) that completely cover their faces are required to register with the Police Station for security reasons.
10. Each group must, from time to time, chant or shout-in joy, triumph, and unison “VIVA KAY SEÑOR STO. NINO!’’ to boost the spirituality of the festival. Failure to chant or shout in all corners of the street will be a point deduction on participating group of the Ati-Atihan contest.
11. All participating tribal groups must adhere to the age-old tradition that made Kallibo Ati-Atihan famous – Dance Steps and Drumbeat must be Kalibo’s original and not copied from theother festivities. Choreographed dancing is not allowed.
12. For judging purposes, all instrument players are counted as members of the group, except for the Tribal Small Group Category.
13. Exposed faces and parts of the body of participants must be covered with black soot (buling) using painting material. This requirement is a must for both tribal and modern groups. Exposed inner garments/clothing must be black.
14. Duplication and or strong resemblance of the present uniform to the previous costume design are strongly discouraged. Participating groups are encouraged to come up with new concept using indigenous materials for the 2013 Ati-Atihan Contest to promote uniqueness and creativity.
15. A: (For Original Tribal)
Must have a minimum number of fifty (60) members, not included the drummers.
B: (Modern Group Category)
A modern group must have a minimum of thirty (30) members. Exposed faces or part of the body of participants must be covered with black soot (buling).
16. Scores gained by the participating groups will be tabulated after 5:00 pm on January 20, 2013. Winners will be proclaimed in the evening of the same date at Kalibo Magsaysay Park.
17. For the winners, their authorized representative must present a duplicate copy of their Registration form plus other identifying documents when claiming their prize.
18. The first three (3) group winners in the Ati-atihan contest must donate one (1) costume to the KASAFI for display at the Kalibo Ati-atihan Gallery.
19. For the Tribal and Balik-Ati Groups/Categories, each member must carry shield costume (‘’Taming and Bangkaw’’) made of wood, indigenous materials and commercial materials as part of their costume.
20. The decision of the Board of Judges is FINAL & IRREVOCABLE.