Sponsored by: SAN MIGUEL BREWERY, INC & KASAFI
October 27, 2012 (Saturday)
Theme: Ecological Tourism
Venue: Kalibo Pastrana Park, Kalibo, Aklan
Duration: This competition is open to all artist and their models who will be the “canvasses” of their work.
Registration is free. Participants must be a team of three, the artist, model and helper competing teams must provide their own materials and tools to work with, and are expected to work in a professional manner, respecting rights and privacy of other contestants and abiding by the rules.
They will work in full view of the public and the contest organizers and its officials, and the authorized photographers.
1. Contestant means a team of an artist and a model and helper, male or female, and must all be above 18 years old. Both must show decent valid ID at the time of registration. Registration starts at 9:00 AM, of the contest day. Advance copies of the application rules of the contest can be downloaded from our Kasafi website and/or will be available at the office at Kalibo Pastrana Park, second floor of Capt. Gil Mijares Building in XIX Martyrs Street, Kalibo, Aklan.
2. Hairdo, nails, and lashes could be than before painting time. No prior paint or facial make up work will be allowed. Only bare skin will be acceptable when painting starts.
3. Painting and make up materials and colorings shall be safe for use with skin and Kasafi will not be liable for. Contestant must make sure they use non-allergenic and non-toxic products only. Artist should test such paints on their models for allergic reaction prior to the contest.
4. Models shall use low cut or ankle high shoes, sandals, or in bare feet. No boots.
5. Attire should be equivalent to two-piece swimsuit with top and bottom. Trunk for the male model is allowed.
6. About 80% of the body including the face shall be painted.
7. Special effects like head covers and hairpieces, false eyelashes, gem stones, glitter, or pasted on materials are allowed. However, heavy props should be avoided. The comfort of the model is important.
8. For painting ideas. The artist is allowed to use reference of image in paper, or computer, or I-pad.
9. Competitors must work independently with no assistance from the model or any other person.
10. Materials not allowed: Masks, anything that is attached by string, glued to skin or by adhesive tape.
11. Artworks should stick to the theme. Images of movie cartoons, superheroes, images and statements that may offend political or religious sensibilities, etc. are not acceptable, and points could be deducted from such works.
12. Artists and models agree to allow Kasafi to use photographs of the contents for all legitimate purposes of the Kasafi such as promotions of the Ati-Atihan Festival.
Violations any of the above rules may result in deduction of points or disqualification. The actual competition will be monitored by contest officials who would report such violation to the judges. The decision of the judges of the contest winners is final.
The contest organizers shall not be held responsible or liable for any injury or damage incurred or sustained by the artists, models, and photographers.
Upon closing of the painting work, the Artist will leave the model for the judging proper, wherein the judges will rate and tabulate the scores.
Criteria for Judging for Over-all Criteria for Best Model
Body Painting for Artist
Creativity 40 % Portrayal of the Role 40 %
Visual Impact 30 % Grace & Fluidity of Movement 40 %
Color scheme 20% Audience Appeal 20 %
Quality of Artist application 10 % 100 % 100%
9 AM Registration, issuance of Numbers, and copy of rules, sign waivers
1 PM Orientation, assignment and set up of work spaces
2 PM Painting contest (no loud music and cell phone chatter) Monitors will be in the premises to enforce rules. Photographers shall wait until painting has started and must not interfere with the artist.
5 PM Contest over. Artists will leave area to allow judges to rate the model. Photo session
7 PM Program & Ritual Presentation of Body Painting Models and Finalists for Mutya ag Lakan it Kalibo Ati-Atihan 2013
9 PM Dance and Bands