1. The sponsors are Canon Marketing (Philippines), Inc. and the Kalibo Sto. Nino Ati-Atihan Foundation, Inc. (Kasafi).
2. The contest is open to all amateur and professional photography enthusiasts and hobbyists, ages 18 and above. Interested participants may acquire their Registration Form and Photo Entry Form from the Kasafi office or download it from the official Kasafi website www.kaliboatiatihan.ph.
3. A registration fee of P500.00 will be charged by the Kasafi for each participant who will join the photo contest.
4. Photographs must be taken during the Kalibo Sto. Nino Ati-Atihan Festival from January 11 to 20, 2013. Registration forms and all entries must be received in the Kasafi office on or before 4 o’clock in the afternoon of January 20, 2013.
5. Each participant should submit a maximum of five (5) photo entries. The photographs must depict the theme of the contest “Mag-Ati-Ati sa Kalibo, Panaad ag Debosyon kay Senor Sto. Nino” centered on the festive celebration and devotion to Senor Sto. Nino de Kalibo.
6. Photo entries should be in 8”x12” size, in any orientation. Digital copies of the photographs must also be submitted in the highest possible quality and resolution.
7. All entries must be an original material taken by the photographer and should not include watermarks, signatures, frames, date and/or time stamp or any other markings on the photo.
8. All photo entries must be placed in a short brown envelope with a copy of the CD, or any other media, containing the digital copies of the entries and with brief descriptions of the photo entries.
9. Digital manipulation is not allowed. Enhancements must be limited to basic post-processing such as adjustments of contrast, minimal color- balancing, sharpening and cropping.
10. The date, venue and time of judging of photo entries will be announced by Canon Marketing (Philippines), Inc. and Kasafi. The judging will be conducted by the Canon Brand Ambassadors and assisted by Kasafi. Decisions of the judges will be final.
11. The winning photos will be judged according to the following criteria:
40%) Thematic Relevance - Relevance of the photograph to the
theme of the contest
(30%) Creativity and Originality - Style, technique and skill
(30%) Technical Excellence - Clarity and quality of photograph
12. The grand prize winner will receive one unit of Canon EOS 650D with 18-255mm lens kit, second prize winner will receive one unit of Canon S100 camera and third prize winner will receive one unit of Canon Digital IXUS 510.
The three winners will also received certificates from the organizers.
13. By entering the photo contest, all winning and non-winning participants grant the Kasafi to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any promotional, publicity and exhibitions purposes.
Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible.