1. The sponsors are Canon Marketing (Philippines), Inc. and the Kalibo Sto. Nino Ati-Atihan Foundation, Inc. (Kasafi).
2. The contest is open to all amateur and professional photography enthusiasts and hobbyists, ages 18 and above. Interested participants may acquire their Registration Form and Photo Entry Form from the Kasafi office or download it from the official Kasafi website www.kaliboatiatihan.ph.
3. A registration fee of P500.00 will be charged by the Kasafi for each participant who will join the photo contest.
4. Photographs must be taken during the Kalibo Sto. Nino Ati-Atihan Festival from January 11 to 20, 2013. Registration forms and all entries must be received in the Kasafi office on or before 4 o’clock in the afternoon of January 20, 2013.
5. Each participant should submit a maximum of five (5) photo entries. The photographs must depict the theme of the contest “Mag-Ati-Ati sa Kalibo, Panaad ag Debosyon kay Senor Sto. Nino” centered on the festive celebration and devotion to Senor Sto. Nino de Kalibo.
6. Photo entries should be in 8”x12” size, in any orientation. Digital copies of the photographs must also be submitted in the highest possible quality and resolution.
7. All entries must be an original material taken by the photographer and should not include watermarks, signatures, frames, date and/or time stamp or any other markings on the photo.
8. All photo entries must be placed in a short brown envelope with a copy of the CD, or any other media, containing the digital copies of the entries and with brief descriptions of the photo entries.
9. Digital manipulation is not allowed. Enhancements must be limited to basic post-processing such as adjustments of contrast, minimal color- balancing, sharpening and cropping.
10. The date, venue and time of judging of photo entries will be announced by Canon Marketing (Philippines), Inc. and Kasafi. The judging will be conducted by the Canon Brand Ambassadors and assisted by Kasafi. Decisions of the judges will be final.
11. The winning photos will be judged according to the following criteria:
40%) Thematic Relevance - Relevance of the photograph to the
theme of the contest
(30%) Creativity and Originality - Style, technique and skill
(30%) Technical Excellence - Clarity and quality of photograph
12. The grand prize winner will receive one unit of Canon EOS 650D with 18-255mm lens kit, second prize winner will receive one unit of Canon S100 camera and third prize winner will receive one unit of Canon Digital IXUS 510.
The three winners will also received certificates from the organizers.
13. By entering the photo contest, all winning and non-winning participants grant the Kasafi to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any promotional, publicity and exhibitions purposes.
Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible.
Sponsored by: SAN MIGUEL BREWERY, INC & KASAFI
October 27, 2012 (Saturday)
Theme: Ecological Tourism
Venue: Kalibo Pastrana Park, Kalibo, Aklan
Duration: This competition is open to all artist and their models who will be the “canvasses” of their work.
Registration is free. Participants must be a team of three, the artist, model and helper competing teams must provide their own materials and tools to work with, and are expected to work in a professional manner, respecting rights and privacy of other contestants and abiding by the rules.
They will work in full view of the public and the contest organizers and its officials, and the authorized photographers.
1. Contestant means a team of an artist and a model and helper, male or female, and must all be above 18 years old. Both must show decent valid ID at the time of registration. Registration starts at 9:00 AM, of the contest day. Advance copies of the application rules of the contest can be downloaded from our Kasafi website and/or will be available at the office at Kalibo Pastrana Park, second floor of Capt. Gil Mijares Building in XIX Martyrs Street, Kalibo, Aklan.
2. Hairdo, nails, and lashes could be than before painting time. No prior paint or facial make up work will be allowed. Only bare skin will be acceptable when painting starts.
3. Painting and make up materials and colorings shall be safe for use with skin and Kasafi will not be liable for. Contestant must make sure they use non-allergenic and non-toxic products only. Artist should test such paints on their models for allergic reaction prior to the contest.
4. Models shall use low cut or ankle high shoes, sandals, or in bare feet. No boots.
5. Attire should be equivalent to two-piece swimsuit with top and bottom. Trunk for the male model is allowed.
6. About 80% of the body including the face shall be painted.
7. Special effects like head covers and hairpieces, false eyelashes, gem stones, glitter, or pasted on materials are allowed. However, heavy props should be avoided. The comfort of the model is important.
8. For painting ideas. The artist is allowed to use reference of image in paper, or computer, or I-pad.
9. Competitors must work independently with no assistance from the model or any other person.
10. Materials not allowed: Masks, anything that is attached by string, glued to skin or by adhesive tape.
11. Artworks should stick to the theme. Images of movie cartoons, superheroes, images and statements that may offend political or religious sensibilities, etc. are not acceptable, and points could be deducted from such works.
12. Artists and models agree to allow Kasafi to use photographs of the contents for all legitimate purposes of the Kasafi such as promotions of the Ati-Atihan Festival.
Violations any of the above rules may result in deduction of points or disqualification. The actual competition will be monitored by contest officials who would report such violation to the judges. The decision of the judges of the contest winners is final.
The contest organizers shall not be held responsible or liable for any injury or damage incurred or sustained by the artists, models, and photographers.
Upon closing of the painting work, the Artist will leave the model for the judging proper, wherein the judges will rate and tabulate the scores.
Criteria for Judging for Over-all Criteria for Best Model
Body Painting for Artist
Creativity 40 % Portrayal of the Role 40 %
Visual Impact 30 % Grace & Fluidity of Movement 40 %
Color scheme 20% Audience Appeal 20 %
Quality of Artist application 10 % 100 % 100%
9 AM Registration, issuance of Numbers, and copy of rules, sign waivers
1 PM Orientation, assignment and set up of work spaces
2 PM Painting contest (no loud music and cell phone chatter) Monitors will be in the premises to enforce rules. Photographers shall wait until painting has started and must not interfere with the artist.
5 PM Contest over. Artists will leave area to allow judges to rate the model. Photo session
7 PM Program & Ritual Presentation of Body Painting Models and Finalists for Mutya ag Lakan it Kalibo Ati-Atihan 2013
9 PM Dance and Bands
1. All groups or any individual participants in the 2013 Ati-atihan Contest must register until January 12, 2013 before the close of office hours.
2. All groups or individual participants of the Ati-atihan contest must submit (2) copies of colored pictures of their costumes; size 5”x7”, and list of required number of members during the registration. Such picture and list shall belong to the Kalibo Sto. Nino Ati-atihan Foundation Inc. (KASAFI) for files and reference.
3. Group Leaders should be held responsible for the discipline and behaviour of their respective members. Excessive drinking is strictly prohibited. Any member of a group caught molesting ladies and doing scandalous or any provocative acts, which may lead to the breakdown of peace and other order and/ or violation of any Municipal Ordinance during the festival, will cause disqualification of the group from the contest.
4. All traffic rules must be strictly observed to avoid congestion and bottlenecks. Each tribe/group shall appoint TRIBE MARSHALL (2 marshals); which will function as enforcers traffic officer, diplomats; and spokesmen of the group during the street dancing.
5. All participating groups must be ready to perform anytime starting Monday Morning January 14, 2013 up to Friday noontime, January 18, 2013, upon the request of the KASAFI. especially during the arrival of guests at the airport or the Kalibo Pastrana Park.
6. All participating groups must follow the time schedule set by the Festival Event and Participation and Adjudication Committees for contest purposes.
7. Obscene, derogatory or insulting placard or remarks, for any political propaganda against any candidates or political party directed against private individual, government officials or any organization are strictly prohibited. The committee and police officer will have the right to confiscate such placards and the holders thereof will be subjected to fines and penalties imposed by existing laws and ordinances. Groups bearing such placards shall be disqualified from the contest.
8. In connection with the church activities, all participating groups are required to participate during the blessings of Ati Groups at 12:00 noon of vesper Saturday and on Sunday at 7:00 o’clock in the morning during the Pilgrims Field Mass. All participants are enjoined to shout “VIVA KAY SEÑIOR STO. NIÑO.
9. All participants with costumes or mask (mascara) that completely cover their faces are required to register with the Police Station for security reasons.
10. Each group must, from time to time, chant or shout-in joy, triumph, and unison “VIVA KAY SEÑOR STO. NINO!’’ to boost the spirituality of the festival. Failure to chant or shout in all corners of the street will be a point deduction on participating group of the Ati-Atihan contest.
11. All participating tribal groups must adhere to the age-old tradition that made Kallibo Ati-Atihan famous – Dance Steps and Drumbeat must be Kalibo’s original and not copied from theother festivities. Choreographed dancing is not allowed.
12. For judging purposes, all instrument players are counted as members of the group, except for the Tribal Small Group Category.
13. Exposed faces and parts of the body of participants must be covered with black soot (buling) using painting material. This requirement is a must for both tribal and modern groups. Exposed inner garments/clothing must be black.
14. Duplication and or strong resemblance of the present uniform to the previous costume design are strongly discouraged. Participating groups are encouraged to come up with new concept using indigenous materials for the 2013 Ati-Atihan Contest to promote uniqueness and creativity.
15. A: (For Original Tribal)
Must have a minimum number of fifty (60) members, not included the drummers.
B: (Modern Group Category)
A modern group must have a minimum of thirty (30) members. Exposed faces or part of the body of participants must be covered with black soot (buling).
16. Scores gained by the participating groups will be tabulated after 5:00 pm on January 20, 2013. Winners will be proclaimed in the evening of the same date at Kalibo Magsaysay Park.
17. For the winners, their authorized representative must present a duplicate copy of their Registration form plus other identifying documents when claiming their prize.
18. The first three (3) group winners in the Ati-atihan contest must donate one (1) costume to the KASAFI for display at the Kalibo Ati-atihan Gallery.
19. For the Tribal and Balik-Ati Groups/Categories, each member must carry shield costume (‘’Taming and Bangkaw’’) made of wood, indigenous materials and commercial materials as part of their costume.
20. The decision of the Board of Judges is FINAL & IRREVOCABLE.
The finalists of the Mutya ag Lakan it Kalibo Ati-Atihan pageant will stage a fashion show in Balete,
Aklan on October 22, according to festival organizer Kalibo Sto. Nino Ati-Atihan Foundation, Inc. (Kasafi).
The aspirants will be parading the latest creations of Bantigue de Aklan, described as stylish, bright coloured fashion wear with matching accessories, as part of the run-up to the finals of Mutya ag Lakan it Kalibo Ati-Atihan on January 11, 2013.
Kasafi chairman Albert Menez said this will be the first time for a large audience to see the 2013 Mutya ag Lakan finalists in a stylish fashion show at the Mayor Teodoro F. Calizo, Sr., Memorial Civic Center (MTFCSMCC) starting at 7 p.m.
Menez said the finalists will also perform in a fashion show at Kalibo Pastrana Park during the Kalibo Ati-Atihan opening salvo.